Are you in need of the best LED grow light to grow your indoor gardens?
As more and more farmers are adopting the practice of growing plants in an indoor environment, LED grow lights have become all the rage. The popularity can mainly be attributed to the ease of controlling various pests and diseases in a very efficient and easy manner.
With the introduction of highly advanced LED grow lights, one does not even have to worry about the plants not receiving enough sunlight. Hence, if you are looking to having the maximum yields out of your crop, the best LED grow lights for indoor plants available in the market can help you achieve just that.
The harvest is dense, and the lights are cost effective as well as efficient. You will be able to grow healthy plants without any signs of sunburn and stunted growth. Keep continuing to read our buying guide & product reviews of top rated led grow lights for your ideal pick.
Best LED Grow Lights Products Comparison
Top-Rated 5 LED Grow Light Reviews
Advanced Platinum Series P300
Advanced Platinum Series P300 led grow light conveniently used in all growing environments and work efficiently for flowers as well as for vegetables. These lights have very low power consumption and can easily replace the conventional 400W HPS lights.
Features Of Advanced Platinum Series P300
- Highest lumen output and are almost 2 to 3 times as intense as other lights
- They emit an optimal full spectrum with covering all the 12 bands
- Settings that allows switching between the vegetables and the blooms
- Offers coverage of 4.5 by 3.8 ft from a height of 18”
- Comes with a complete 5 years warranty
- 100% of the light emitted is used up by the plants, leading to no wastage
- No energy is lost in the form of heat
- Uses highly efficient drivers that can be used with any global voltage.
- Dimension is 19”*8.25”*3”
- Weighs 13 lbs
- Uses a total of 100 LED bulbs each drawing 3 W
- The total lifespan of 100,000 hours which is equivalent to about 8 to 10 years
- Draws 93 W for veg and 180 W for Bloom
- Comes with secondary focusing lenses adjusted at 90 degree
- They offer an even coverage
- The two inbuilt high-speed fans help in an efficient cooling
- Low energy consumption
- Can be used during all phases of growth
- Allows for a highly efficient photosynthetic response
- Direct light may prove dangerous.
The P300 is able to give very high output with minimum input. They can be a good investment given that they can be used in all types of growing environments for high yields.
The MarshHydro is one of the best led grow light for the money that can be used for indoor planting. They can be used in hydroponics as well as soil plants. Among the plants grown with MarsHydro LED light include lettuce, tomatoes, potatoes, pepper and such. This overview on Marshydro LED grow light review with the detailed features also pointing out the notable specifications and the various pros and cons.
Features of MarsHydro 300W LED Grow Light
- It glows with a soft purple tint
- Full complete spectrum, thus making sure the plants are not deprived during any phase of their growth
- The wavelengths emitted by the light are fully absorbed
- It consumes 132 +- 10 watts while replacing the 150 Watt HPS lights
- Offers coverage of 4 by 4 ft, although it would be optimum for an area of 2 by 2 feet at a height of 12 to 30 inches, as per the need of the moment
- The unit is very easy to assemble and operate
- They are eco-friendly and hold the US authoritative ETL certification for safety
- Comes with a sufficiently long warranty of 12 months
- Has a dimension of 12 by 8 by 3 inches
- Has a noise level of 56 dB
- Comes with a lifespan of 50,000 hours
- Weighs 5.58 lbs
- Voltage requirement is 85 to 265 Volts
- Frequency – 50 to 60 Hz
- Offers 445 umols at a height of 18 inches
- Has a mixed LED view angle of 90 and 120 degree
- Does not give off any electronic or chemical smell
- There is a 30-day money back guarantee for the product
- The LED lights will keep on burning out
The MarsHydro has been designed after years of research and offer very efficient results. They are amongst the most reliable lights available in the market for the healthy growth of plants. By emitting a full spectrum, they are able to tend to all the light requirement of the plants. Furthermore, the brand is very consistent when it comes to quality.
These are high efficiency LED grow lights emitting a complete 12 band spectrum. They do not have a high wattage like the conventional bulbs and are still able to give high output. The P450 is among the most used led grow lights which you can choose for an efficient PAR, optimum growing temperature, and bigger yields. This short content is on P450 Led grow light review with the features while also mentioning the pros and cons.
Features of Advanced Platinum Series P450
- They have a very high PAR output. The intensity is almost 3 times that of a conventional bulb
- It emits all the wavelengths in the spectrum between the UV and the IR, required for the photosynthetic functions
- The lights come with two switches, which can be selected depending on whether you are using it with the vegetables or the flowers
- There are two high-speed fans in the light together with advanced aluminum heat sinks that allow for a very efficient heat dissipation
- Offers coverage of 4.5 by 4 feet from a height of 18 inches. It is also possible to use multiple lights for a more compact and even coverage.
- Dimension – 19 by 11 by 3 inches
- Weighs 15 lbs
- Uses 150 high-quality LEDs
- Comes with a lifespan of 100,000 which roughly equates to about 9 years
- The average power drawn for Veg is 137 W and for Bloom is 274 W
- Uses 180W
- Voltage requirement – AC85V to 260V
- Emits optimal full spectrum
- Noiseless operation
- Does not cause heating
- High-quality LEDs used
- Low energy consumption
- Can be used for vegetables and flowers
- Some of the LEDs may die out giving uneven coverage
The P450 are much more advanced as compared to the conventional grow lights. They work very efficiently while also allowing you to save up on the energy. No energy is wasted in the form of heat. The wide spectrum ensures that the plants receive enough light during all phases of their growth thus giving a dense growth.
VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series LED Grow Light
The VIPARSPECTRA reflector series is an ideal choice for people growing their plants in indoor conditions. They have been designed after much experimentation and testing by enthusiastic indoor growers and count as one of the demanded led grow lights for all types of indoor plants and at various stages of development.
Features of VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series LED Grow Light
- The light aims at maintaining a perfect balance between the PAR and the intensity
- These lights are 70 percent cooler as compared to other conventional lights
- Uses high-speed fans and highly advanced aluminum coils for quicker heat dissipation
- It recreates the exact effects of natural sunlight, providing a full spectrum required by the plants
- Runs of 269 Watts while comparing to a 600Watt HPS bulb
- Offers coverage of 2.5 by 2.5 feet for flowers and 3 by 3 feet for vegetables at 22 inches
- They are quite versatile given that they can be used in all types of the growing environment and during all the different growth phases
- Comes with a very long warranty period of 3 years
- Have a dimension of 15*12.5*3 inches
- Weight 9.8 lbs
- The average power drawn is 269 watts, plus or minus 3 watts
- Uses high-intensity LEDs from Bidgelux/Epiled
- Has an input voltage of AC100 to 240m V
- Runs with a frequency of 50 to 60Hz
- Has a total lifespan of 100,000 hours
- Do not cause sunburn and stunted growth
- Give a dense harvest
- The fans run very quietly
- Fantastic heat dissipation method
- Some of the lights can go off leaving a dented look and uneven coverage
- Not waterproof.
This review covers all the things required of the ideal Led grow light reviews. Given that the LED light offers an optimum spectrum and give quite a good lasting under proper care.
Meizhi Reflector Series LED Grow Light
The Meizhi Reflector Series is one of the high-rated LED grow light offering an optimum full spectrum. It can be used with hydroponic plants as well as potted plants. The lights are quite efficient and support maximum yield with low power consumption.
Features of Meizhi Reflector Series LED Grow Light
- The lights have an upgraded design that uses reflector panels adjusted at 120 degrees.
- They emit lights of all different wavelengths in the optimal spectrum required for photosynthesis.
- They consume 277W while giving the efficiency of a traditional 600 W HPS bulb.
- The lights do not at all affect the nutrition content of the plants
- 100 percent of the light emitted is used for photosynthetic response
- Offers coverage of 3 by 3 feet from a height of 18 inches
- There are dual switches for alternating between vegetables and flowers
- Uses LED lights from the brand Epistar
- Has a PAR value of 1120 umol
- Has a frequency of 50 to 60 Hz
- Runs with an input voltage of AC 85 to 265 V
- 16503 lumen at 110V and 16308 lumens at 220V
- The lifespan of 50000 to 100000 hours
- Does not cause unnecessary heating
- Emits blue and red lights together with 4 IRs that can be especially useful for cell proliferation and division
- Good customer support
- The switch may not work properly
The Meizhi Reflector Series is quite unlike other LED grow lights. It is very specific about the optimal spectrum required or plant growth and does not cause extra heating. With proper handling, the light can last you for years.
How To Choose The Best LED Grow Lights Online?
There are a number of aspects that need to be considered while looking for the perfect LED grow lights for your indoor garden. However, the two most important are the spectrum emitted by the light and the durability. If the plants fail to receive some particular wavelengths of light, it can lead to abnormal growth and various effects. Therefore, an LED grow light should be able to provide an optimal full spectrum so that the plants are not deprived in any way. It is also equally important to look for durable LED bulbs. If they start dying out one by one, you will fail to provide even coverage on your crops and may end up spending more money for the light replacement.
What Are The Good Quality LED Grow Lights?
There are a number of factors that determine if an LED light is among the best selling LED grow lights on the market. They emit a full spectrum from UV to IR so that the plants are not left derived in any way. In addition to that, these are energy efficient grow lights and give a very high output without using up too much energy. Therefore, in the long run, you will be saving up quite a lot through your energy bills. These lights recreate the exact effects of natural sunlight without too much heating while also allowing you to control the growing environments in a very convenient manner.
How Do LED Grow Lights Work?
LED stands for Light Emitting Diodes. The LED’s are made using a semiconductor device. They complete an electrical circuit to conduct electricity and also find in various other devices such as TV screens and traffic lights. The LED’s do not have a filament and do not burn out too frequently like the conventional bulbs. They also have a very low heat output. Since the LED lights function due to the effect of moving electrons that are constantly jumping from a lower to higher orbital and vice versa, they are able to emit packets of energy known as photons, which are the same as those received from natural sunlight. Therefore, the LED indoor grow lights can easily support a natural and healthy growth even in plants that are kept away from sunlight.
What Should You Know About Watts?
Wattage is the rate of energy input required for normal functioning of the LED lights. They usually have very low energy input as compared to the incandescent bulbs while giving a more light output which is measured in lumens. Unlike incandescent bulbs that give more output at higher watts, the LED’s become less efficient as the wattage is increased.
What Should You Know About Light Wavelengths?
There are different wavelengths in the visible spectrum of light, and some of these are more important for photosynthesis. Studies have also revealed that the wavelengths in the red and blue regions are more important for proper growth and development. Therefore, it is important that the LED grow lamps you choose are able to emit these wavelengths vital for the important photosynthetic reactions in plants.
Different Types Of LED Grow Lights
LED Grow Lights For Indoor Plants
Different plants can be chosen for indoor growing. Therefore, the leading indoor grow lights are those that can be conveniently adjusted between various crops without affecting the harvest.
Top-Selling Light For Growing Weed Indoors
While choosing the finest LED grow lights for weed, you can go through the various LED grow lights reviews as each model tends to have its own pros and cons. More importantly, you should be looking for led lights for growing weed with lenses that allow you to focus the light on certain patches to directly increase the penetration.
Marijuana Grow Lights
For marijuana, it is the must to opt for the full spectrum LED grow lights that can emit more than just the red and blue lights. This will give greener and healthier plants while also increasing the harvest.
LED Grow Lights For Vegetables
What are the best led grow lights for vegetables? One should be looking for LED lights with wider coverage so that all the plants receive enough light required for proper growth. Look for hydroponic LED grow light that can also be used with equal efficiency for potted plants.
LED Grow Lights For Cannabis
Cannabis leaves may turn brown and discolored if the lights used are not suitable. Therefore, it is important to choose the best led grow light for cannabis that emits an optimal and does not cause too much heating when used in a compact arrangement.
What is Full Spectrum LED Grow lights?
- Colors Of The Spectrum
Spectrum is nothing but the range of wavelengths given out by a light source. A full spectrum LED grow light is that which is able to emit the lights of all different frequencies in the visible spectrum. It is important to note that the different LED lights may not be consistent as far as their spectrum is concerned. It is quite natural for the colors to vary depending on the crop for which it is being used. Most LED lights focus primarily on the red and blue region. However, the ones with a wider spectrum can be used in a more versatile manner.
- The Right Combination
Plants have different types of photoreceptors present in them. These receptors are the most important in determining their sensitivity to various wavelengths. The combinations can differ slightly depending on the manufacturer and the model. Most have 3 or four band LEDs with red and blue as a compulsory inclusion. Colors such as yellow and green are not seen much in such lights. Some manufacturers also use white LEDs to make up for any shortages in the wavelength range.
Why Just Red & Blue Color LED Grow Lights Typically Don’t Work Well?
Most LED lights tend to emit only the spectrum that is considered essential for the photochemical reactions in plants. However, it is also observed that HPS lights which produce neither of the blue or red lights are able to give perfectly healthy plants with a high yield. A feasible explanation is because keeping the plants restricted to certain wavelengths complete the cycle when the plants are still immature, thereby putting them into a chill mode after which results in stunted plants and lower yield.
What Do You Need To Know About Light Cycles?
Before going deeper into the optimal spectrum required for healthy plant growth, it is important to have a good knowledge of the light cycle. Basically, there are two phases in the light cycle that are known as the vegetative and the flowering phase. During the vegetative phase, the plants absorb those wavelengths from the spectrum that are required for proper development of the roots, shoot, and foliage, thus preparing the plant for the flowering phase. If you start right from the germination, you can do without a lot of light during the early phase, when the sapling barely has any foliage. During this time, it is more important to tend to proper warmth and watering.
The cannabis has a slightly different light cycle as compared to other plants. These lights do not have a sleep cycle but require a lot of time in the dark, mainly for developing strong roots. It is important to keep the cannabis plants in the light for 18 hours and in the dark for 6 hours. After the flowering phase is triggered, this should be changed to 12 hours on and 12 hours in the dark. During this time, it can also be beneficial to switch to HPS bulbs rather than the red and blue LEDs.
The LED lights use Light Emitting Diodes for emitting the lights of various wavelengths. They do not cause incessant heating like others to grow lights and also have a very low energy intake. The HID or the High-Intensity Discharge lights are also commonly used in growing indoor plants but are more popular in growing cannabis. HPS or High-Pressure Sodium light is a type of HID lights and mainly emits wavelengths from the blue end of the spectrum. For the perfect growing yields, many farmers switch from one type of light to the other during different growth phases.
Budget is among the important things to be considered. The higher the budget, the better the quality of the product. Expensive lighting units use LED bulbs from reliable companies. Hence, you will not have the bulbs dying out one by one as is what happens with cheap products. You will be able to provide more even coverage to your crops and also require less frequent replacements.
- Size Of Grow Space
Although LED grow lights give better coverage than other types of grow lights, the area covered depends greatly on the size of the bulb and the type of crop being grown. The average coverage is 4 by 4 feet at 20 to 25 inches. If the space permits, you can also use multiple lights for lighting up larger patches.
- Style Of Grow
You can grow your plants in a hydroponic style or have them potted directly into the soil. Then there are different types of arrangement you can choose such as a single layer and shelves. All of these factors should go into determining the type of light that is best suitable for you.
- Cooling System
If you are growing your plants entirely with the help of best grow lights, you will be required to keep them on for as long as 15 to 18 hours. This might cause bulbs to produce a lot of heat. If the heat dissipation system is not efficient enough, you can easily land up with sunburn and defects. Therefore, it counted to have lights with a proper cooling system.
Factors To Consider In Best LED Grow Lights Before You Buy
To make sure that you have got hold of the right LED grow light for the money you have invested, make it a point to consider the following factors before making your purchase.
Different lights come in different sizes, offer different coverage and also have different weights. Whenever you are buying the best LED grow light, make sure that you have arrangements for fixing the light properly for you definitely do not want them to fall over and destroy your harvest.
Consider the size of the lights as well as that of the area to be planted. If the bulbs are not able to provide enough coverage, you can also use multiple lights given that they do not cause too much heating.
The lights have their coverage mentioned on the pack. Therefore, make sure you take a look before purchasing. Some lights also have special focusing lenses to allow concentrated light to fall over a certain patch.
Heavy Duty Construction
The most common problem with LED light is the malfunctioning switches and dying out of the LED bulbs giving uneven lighting. In order to have a good harvest, it is important that the lights be able to give a steady performance throughout its lifetime. Therefore, opt for lights from reliable manufacturers using premium quality components in their products.
The high-quality cooling system
LED lights do not heat up as much as other grow lights. However, using them for a considerably long period can cause some heating. Using lights with a high-quality heating system can prevent this from happening. Therefore, look for a light with high-speed fans with noiseless operation and highly advanced and efficient heat sink using aluminum coils.
Ease of use
You may have to change the setting and arrangement of the grow lights several times during the various growth phases. Therefore, you should look for lights that are compact and easy to install without much hassle.
Variety and control
There are versatile LED lights that can be switched from vegetables to flowers and vice versa with a simple switch. The switches are connected to the fans and different settings operate a different number of fans, thus creating the perfect environment for growing the particular plant. There are no difficult or complicated controls, and the operation is extremely easy.
Most LED lights come with a warranty period of 12 months. However, there are some manufacturers that offer a warranty period of as long as 3 years. Together with the warranty, it is also important to consider customer care support.
LED lights have low power consumption, and their efficiency tends to decrease at higher wattage. However, sorting for the more efficient ones in the category can help you save more in the long term.
How To Use LED Grow Lights?
- Do a little research about your plants and find out about their light requirements. This will give a better idea about how to adjust the light settings.
- Do not place the lights too close to the plants. This might cause discoloration and sunburns. The ideal distance is 20 inches above the plants.
- Remember that it is not necessary to keep the lights on for 24 hours. In fact, you should allow your plants a night phase of at least 6 hours every day.
- LEDs can cause water to evaporate from the soils at a rapid pace. Therefore, take care to understand the watering needs of your plants and sticking to it.
- Do not look directly at the LED lights as it may hurt the eyes.
What Are The Benefits Of Using LED Grow Lights?
The LED lights provide the plants with exactly the wavelengths that are required for proper growth and development. Furthermore, they tend to all the light requirements during different phases of their growth. Since the plants are grown in a highly controlled environment with all their needs tended to efficiently, they undergo a very quick and dense growth. If done in the right way, they can give very high yields.
Space Saving Design
LEDs allow you to make optimal use of space. You can also opt for growing the plants in stacks without affecting the amount of light received.
Low Running Temperature
This is one of the greatest benefits of using LEDs. They do not heat up like other options for grow lights. However, growing the plants entirely under a grow light means that you will be required to keep them on for a considerably long period. This can cause a little bit of heating. However, most LED lights use a superior heat dissipating system that offers a low running temperature, thereby keeping the plants from getting damaged.
LED lights have a low energy intake and a greater lumen output. They also do not emit heat which can cause an energy drain. The wattage requirements for these lights are very low, mostly around 150 to 200 Watt while comparing to bulbs with 600 wattages. Therefore, you will be able to reduce energy consumption by a huge degree.
LED lights are designed to be highly durable and use reliable and efficient illumination technologies. They usually come with a lifespan of 50,000 to 100,000 working hours which is roughly equal to 10 years. Even if they do not last that long, they will at least cover up for half the amount of the suggested time.
Most Selling Brands Of LED Grow Lights
Before you consider buying an LED light, be sure to go through the best indoor led grow lights reviews. This will give you a basic idea about the important features to look for and understand the differences between the working of different lights. The following section features best LED grow lights high times stressing on their very basic features and functioning.
Advanced Platinum LED Grow Lights Reviews
The Advanced Platinum LED P300 is an indoor LED grow light with a stellar reputation. It has a higher lumen output and is almost 2 or 3 times as intense as other lights. You are most likely to come across the P300 on full spectrum LED grow lights, for they emit an optimal spectrum consisting of all the 12 bands. Therefore, these lights give highly efficient functioning. They offer coverage of 45 by 35 feet at 18 inches and can replace a 250 W HPS bulb. The lights come with a very long warranty period of 5 years.
Meizhi LED Light
The Meizhi LED lights come together with reflector panels that allow them to maximize the coverage and increase efficiency by allowing the light to penetrate through dense growth. The light emits a full spectrum, thus providing all wavelengths required for the photosynthetic functions during different growth phases. They give the efficiency of a 600W led grow lights while only consuming 277 watts. They come with dual switches for alternating the use from growing vegetables to flowers.
Viparspectra LED Grow Light
The Viparspectra LED grow light offered by customers have been excellent so far. The Viparspectra features reflectors and offers a good balance between the coverage and lumen output. They can be used with vegetables as well as flowers and give the efficiency of a 400 watt LED grow light while consuming only 200 watts. It offers coverage of 2.5 by 2.5 feet at 24 inches and includes an efficient heat sink together with high-speed fans.
This section on the Mars Hydro led grow light the basic features and specs of the product. The important highlights are its full spectrum emission, energy efficient operation, easy application, and use, convenient assemblage, and safety certification. It is an entirely eco-friendly product. It covers an area a 2 by 2 feet and gives the efficiency of a 300 Watt led grow light with a wattage of only 150W.
Galaxy Hydro LED
Like with the above LED grow light, this to touches on the specs and features very briefly. There are 100 LED units in this light each from Epiled and consuming 3Watts. The unit has a high lumen output and also sterilizes and kills the bacteria that happen to infect the plants. It comes with two cooling fans for better heat dissipation and can be used with vegetables as well as flowers.
King Plus LED
The King Plus LED grow light comes with a double chip and gives very intense light output at a very reasonable cost. They offer a uniform light distribution and emit a complex spectrum for optimal results. They also have very efficient cooling and wide coverage.
Apollo LED Light
The Appollo grow light feature very compact designs. They use 3 and 5 watt LED chips and come at various wattages including 75, 135, 180, 240, 288 and 30. They offer enough light intensity to be used with both vegetables and flowers. They have a wide spectrum of emission and reflector panels so that the light is distributed more evenly on the crops.
FAQs To Know About LED Grow Lights
When you are looking to buy the best LED grow lights, it counts to be as informed as possible. This review has covered a lot of aspects concerning these lights. You should make sure to inspect every feature and specs so that you know exactly what you are getting. The lights should be able to emit all the wavelengths required by the plants. If you go a step further, there are also lights that help to control the bacterial infestation on plants. Therefore, once you master the use of LED lights, you will be able to grow your plants very conveniently with a very high yield.